Sunday 21 October 2018

Run Northumberland Castles Marathon - Scott Wins overall

Scott McDonald's report from another outstanding run:
Friday at 3:15 pm Maja, Katrin and I departed Peebles heading south to Bamburgh where we spent the late afternoon on the beach as well as Saturday morning then heading into Sea-houses for lunch.
Enjoyed a early evening meal at the Local hotel which was walking distance from the start.
Looking out the window Sunday morning I could see the wind had picked up a little but my main aim was to run under 2 :55 to qualify for Berlin marathon good for age.
A small field gathered for the marathon and started 5 min later followed by the Half marathon runners 10 min later. The first km a small group of three headed down from the centre of the Stunning Bamburgh Castle towards the town its self, soon found myself alone and time trailing along over a undulating route which really suited me in terms of my current fitness.
Coming through Half way ( 1h 24 30)  I was pleased to see Maja and Kartrin taking photos and giving great support with Maja wearing a new T shirt saying 'My Daddy is Faster than Yours' so the pressure was on.
My half way split was good but soon the wind had picked up a little more with a winning time of 2h 53: 36
A stunning marathon with great views and deserves to become a bigger event despite being held this time of the year and well
Details and results available here in due course: https://runnation.co.uk/r/run-northumberland-castles-marathon-2018

No comments: