Sunday 12 February 2017

Foxtrail Half Marathon, Tyninghame

I (Colin) took part in a trail half marathon in Tyinghame in East Lothian on Saturday as part of the low key Foxtrail series. Although it was on a completely low level course it was very exposed to the wind, being next to the coast with parts along the beach. The terrain was challenging in places with very heavy mud and ruts. Course here: http://www.mapometer.com/running/route_4470738.htm

Once the race started the field quickly spread out and I settled into 3rd place with 2nd place runner (Richard Laucht of Portobello) about 10 secs ahead with the leader stretching ahead to build a growing lead throughout the race. I was fortunate as Richard paused at about 3 miles unsure of which way to go we then ran shoulder for the next 3 or miles until he had to pause to tie his laces. I got a gap then which I held to the finish, however without his short stops the positions would probably have been reversed. In the end I managed to come second in a time of 1:27:05, three minutes behind the winner: Results here: https://www.webscorer.com/racedetails?raceid=92307
 

No comments: