Peebles Community Council are looking for input from local sports club members into how to improve local recreation facilities. If you have not yet contributed then now is your chance - go to the Peebles Community Council Facebook page and complete the above survey (see entry dated 26 January). It will only take a few minutes. it can be found at https://en-gb.facebook.com/peeblescommunitycouncil/
They have had a reasonable number of responses, but could do with more to enhance credibility.
Issues which have been raised include -
- opening hours at the Gytes (particularly for those working out of Peebles)
- poor maintenance of and lack of investment in existing facilities/ pitches (over many years/ decades)
- need for safer crossings of Innerleithen Rd for cyclists (both coming out of Whitstone Park and also in the vicinity of Glentress)
- outdoor ‘gym’, possibly in Victoria Park
- better places to run after dark, especially for juniors
Please respond if you can spare a minute, and give support or otherwise to the above suggestions, or raise something completely different.