Thursday 17 April 2014

London Marathon Report

A wonderful weekend in London last weekend, blessed by unseasonably warm Spring weather and unbelievable crowds lining the whole route.  It was my first London Marathon - courtesy of Moorfoots - and hopefully not the last.  Did my usual and went off too fast, finding myself at about 8 minute pace at the turn, but the combination of heat and lack of training over the last few weeks (torn muscle) took their toll on the last few miles from Canary Wharf.  Sustained though by the shouts of the crowd - whoever advised me to put my name on the running vest was quite right!

Anyway I finished in 3:48, actually a PW but frankly that didn't matter given the fantastic occasion.  At least my nightmare scenario of being passed by someone dressed as a banana on the home straight didn't happen - though I did cross the line 1 second behind the BBC newsreader Sophie Raworth!  Was running for the Scout Association so will apologise for the lack of a Moorfoots vest in the photo.....

Barry

No comments: