Sunday 20 July 2014

Moorfoots at Dundee Half Marathon


Having previously run the Dundee Half when it went from Broughty Ferry back to Dundee I thought I would try and get a fast half time to try and qualify for New York. I remembered that there was a lot of uphill so now that the race was going in the opposite direction it made sense that there would be a lot of down hill. Schoolboy error in not looking at the course because it in fact went a totally different way and in fact the first 2 miles were more like a trail race - to honest I've seen less mud and smoother ground in a trail race. 

So that's all of the excuses for not meeting my goal. I ended up with a 92.37 which is above the sub 90 qualifying time needed. Would I do it again? Probably not but it was kind of fun, well organised and the entry fee was cheap. 

Paul Nichol

 

No comments: