Wednesday 18 April 2018

Paul Nichol's Manchester Marathon run on 8th April

Here's Pauls report after another very solid and well measured run:

I ventured down to Manchester on Saturday to run my Spring Marathon. I decided to do this one because I didn't get a London Place and there was no way I was running Blackpool :)
Well organised race with good transport links to and from the start / finish. The only strange thing is that there is no organisation into pens at the start. There was a mixture of runners and family supporters in the start pens which I have never seen before. The course is flat and good for a PB. It's a mixture of running on dual carriage and what felt like housing restates (Coronation Street stereotype). It one of those races where you pass people coming back which can be a bit disconcerting. I'd had knee / hip problems took the first half easy. Because I started about 5 minutes after the gun went off I was in the unusual position of passing lots of people throughout the race which is good mindfulness. I finished in 3.41 and ended up in the top 30% overall and 80th out of 300 for age. One to do again if London does not call. Results in the link http://www.chiprace.co.uk/MyResults.aspx?uid=38-1865-1-134587 (nearly managed a -ve split for the first time ever). Also you can see the pain etched on my face at the finish. Get the clock at 3.47. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/manchester-marathon-finish-line-video-14505099
Also attached are the obligatory before and after photos with one of what is the hugest burger ever.

No comments: