Friday 29 July 2022

Moorfoot Sunday Run, John Buchan Way, 24th July

 Despite the summer break, and people away on holiday, I was pleasantly surprised that we had a nice group gathered together to run the John Buchan Way last Sunday.

 


Kerry - who is great company and always present when she has nothing else in her diary - joined the run. Kerry and I did the John Buchan Way together last year when the weather was pretty rough. I really enjoyed doing it together again under better weather circumstances, and bringing up our memories of how extremely good the hot chocolate tasted after our first run!

 

Tim was also present. I did the run with Tim last year until halfway and I was looking forward showing him the rest of the beautiful route. As a true nature lover he loved the second part of the route, and I agree that the remote feeling you get after Stobo is absolutely great!

 

Pete C joined us last minute too and you wouldn't have noticed he normally doesn't do the longer distances! After I promised the rest of the route would only be downhill we bumped into one hill I forgot. Luckily Pete directly forgot that too when he saw Mike who offered him a drive in his electric car! 

 

Although Mike was not running the route, he was waiting for us with a smile in Broughton, facilitated the coffee and cake and gave us a lift home where I learned a bit more about triathlons. Just fabulous! 




 

All-in-all it was a lovely Sunday that is hard to beat (not even with a Mythos beer at a beautiful beach in Corfu) and I am very much looking forward to the next Sunday run!




No comments: